Welcome to GP RED
GP RED was created to fill the gaps between the academic realm, practitioners, and associations through collaboration – not duplication or competition. Some of our significant accomplishments include:
- 30+ educational workshops worldwide on healthy community design, financial sustainability, active transportation, leadership development, and succession planning;
- Research Briefs, journalistic summaries of the current state of research and/or methods as they relate to promoting health in community settings;
- Alpha and beta site testing for our Healthy Communities Surveillance and Management Toolkit, researching parks and recreation agencies as vital contributors to public health;
- Developing our Safe Routes to Play Initiative to provide more children with travel options and access to nature, two areas that greatly impact childhood obesity and activity levels;
- Developing and distributing our online newsletter, “GP RED News You Can Use” to more than 5,600 recipients;
- Conducting national surveys to help define trends in the field of parks, recreation, planning,active transportation, and public health. Our survey results are used by organizations seeking to improve policy and management strategies;
- Convening national leaders and change makers in three national “Think Tanks” to envision how we can work together to determine the best practices for advancing common goals such as building healthy communities.
There are several ways you can show your support for GP RED:
By becoming a Supporter or Donor, you are indicating your support for GP RED`s major initiatives – Safe Routes To Play, Healthy Communities Surveillance & Management Toolkit, Leadership Development Workshops, Whole Measures for Parks & Recreation, and other initiatives are in various stages of development.
Support GP RED
As a non-profit organization, GP RED relies on contributions and commissions. Major funding has been provided by Corporate Donors. Additional support has come from individual members, non-profit organizations and national project partners and clients. Please consider joining the many contributors to insure the continuation of the important work and services provided by our organization. We can’t continue to do it without your support! GP RED is a tax-exempt public charity under the 501(c) (3) codes of the IRS.